|Type:||Contract to possible Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||Depending on Experience|
TITAN has an immediate need for a Mobile Engineer to augment the existing staff supporting a national mobile device management operation. The Mobile Engineer will be providing support for the IT Mobile Computing (ITMC) department. One of the objectives of ITMC is to provide engineering support to the mobile device community which currently consists of Apple and Android mobile computing devices. This includes supporting national deployment efforts and providing mobile device management, mobile COTS app support, documentation, and user instruction.
- Utilizing MobileIron or other MDM (mobile device management) to support and manage mobile computing devices and users. Will run activity and performance reports on devices within the MobileIron MDM.
- Supporting the deployment of mobile computing tablets and smartphones, device enrollments, troubleshooting implementation and connectivity issues, providing ongoing operational support of devices and apps.
- Utilizing the MS Suite of products to include MS WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, Project and Visio in support of report generation, developing planning documents, and customer instructions relative to deployment and ongoing support.
- Documenting commonly used business apps used on Postal supported mobile computing devices. This includes instructions to users and developing knowledge base articles for usage scenarios and features.
- Troubleshooting VPN, WiFi and 3G communications problems as they occur during the deployment and ongoing operations of Postal mobile computing devices within the network.
- Conduct online training sessions with USPS users to instruct them on activating and enrolling their individual mobile computing devices into a MDM (Mobile Device Management) system.
- Analyzes and develops resolutions for problems involving availability and/or performance at the system level. Works with Postal staff to resolve problems and coordinate the implementation of solutions.
- Prepares materials and oral presentations for customers.
- Develops and maintains specialized knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Provides customer support and consultation for supported iOS and/or Android mobile computing devices.
- Analyzes ServiceNow ticket trends and develops pro-active solutions for end-user problems involving mobile computing devices. Coordinates the instructions and solutions with other IT staff.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline is preferred
- 5-8 years of related hardware engineering experience
- Customer service skills and the ability to successfully and consistently satisfy client problems and needs when working in a Service Center environment
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment
- A commitment to quality
- Five years of relevant and progressive experience in a distributed computing environment is preferred including:
- Minimum one year support experience with Apple iPads/iPhones, iTunes and Apple apps
- Minimum one year support experience with Android tablets or smartphones
- Minimum one year experience with a Mobile Device Management system such as Boxtone, Mobileiron, Airwatch or Maas360
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
Local candidates only in the Raleigh area.
We can only accept US CItizens and/or Green Card Holders. Qualified candidates must have lived in the US for the past 5 years and not have left the county for longer than 90 consecutive days.