|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
The Senior Platform Engineer will be assigned to work with one or more development project teams. In this role they will be expected to:
- Support SCRUM teams in an Agile development environment.
- The Platform Engineer will be responsible for building and managing end-to-end solutions within Amazon AWS Cloud environments.
- The Platforms Engineer will be responsible for automating and deploying cloud infrastructure such as VPCs, Security Groups, EC2s, AWS Load Balancers, API Gateway etc. in support of approved initiatives.
- Working with the Solutions Designer, Development Architect and third parties as appropriate, the engineer will be responsible for ensuring that a technical design document describing the technical architecture for the program/project is produced.
- Understand the business and application requirements and translate into an Infrastructure solution.
- Ensure that all technology selected for the program conforms to the organizations technical long term strategy.
- Become a central point of understanding of the end-to-end technical architecture for the solution concerned.
- Build IT Infrastructure solutions based on requirements making use of new and existing IT capabilities and services.
- Support and build cloud compute, network & storage systems demonstrating an understanding of fundamental technologies.
- Provide after-hours support as required to address system outages and perform system updates/upgrades/modifications.
- Identify new processes or modify existing processes to improve efficiencies in the support and monitoring of the department’s production applications.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 8 years plus experience in Platform Engineering
- S. Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred.
- MCSE, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, or AWS Certified Solutions Architect a plus
- A broad understanding of enterprise-class technologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Amazon AWS technologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows based technologies
- Experience integrating with the development teams to understand the application landscape and their interface to different systems in the IT landscape
- Ability to communicate and to interact effectively with co-workers and customers is required.
- Ability to work and adapt in a dynamic environment and recognize priority issues, escalating accordingly
- Experience with creating standards and documentation
- Ability to work both independently or as part of a project group, with time constraints
- Strong customer service oriented; organizational and communication skills, positive and can-do attitude
To apply, please email resume, including position title in subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.