|Title:||Civil Engineer – Jr.|
|Skills:||Civil 3D, land development|
|Type:||Contract + Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
Civil Engineer – Junior Level
- Zoning reviews – Review of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property
- Site Investigation & Due Diligence – Includes the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines
- Preparation of Concept Drawings – based upon client’s development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan, including coordination with AutoCAD draftsmen
- Design of Stormwater Management & Stormwater Conveyance Systems – including use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Hydrology design software
- Skills should include preparation of pipe sizing calculations for stormwater conveyance systems including drainage area maps
- Surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation using the Rational Method & Manning’s Equation
- Knowledge of stormwater management design regulations should include County, SCD and governing municipality
- Grading Design – to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes
- Design of Utility Systems – including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, pump station design, water, gas, telephone service, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist
- Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design – including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence
- Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates – based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes
- Project Coordination – Includes conferring with the client, attorney, project team and affiliates for the purpose of preparing a comprehensive site plan application
- Preparation of written correspondence – Outside agencies, client, attorney, contractor, etc. Also includes preparation of technical reports including drainage, sanitary sewer, and site investigation reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-2+ years of residential and/or commercial site design and permitting experience.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Proficient with AutoCAD (Civil 3D Preferred).
- Knowledge of the planning and zoning process.
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members.
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals a plus.
To apply, please email resume, including position title in the subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.