|Type:||Contract + Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
This position is part of a kanban agile development team supporting the federal programs to consolidate its scientific dataset and product search, discovery, and access systems into one enterprise system known as OneStop. This development team works in the context of the broader OneStop project to develop metadata (descriptive documentation) editing tools. The position will:
- Assist in the implementation of a federal enterprise by improving and connecting existing dataset metadata systems.
- Require an experienced professional capable of working with teams across various geographical locations who will be able to quickly establish an understanding of existing NCEI ISO metadata standards and of core systems such as Collection Metadata Enterprise Tool (CoMET), Advanced Tracking and Resource tool for Archive Collections (ATRAC), Send2NCEI (S2N), and the Archive Management System (AMS).
- Experience with source code written in Java/Groovy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working on an agile team.
- Minimum 8 years of related education and/or experience
- Apache Tomcat webapp performance profiling and optimization a plus.
- Experience with XML DOM, XSLT, Spring Framework, Bootstrap, and microservices.
- Database experience with SQL and SOA for Oracle Database (or similar DBMS) using Java integration with Hibernate and Envers also a plus.
- Experience with Grails 3, Groovy/Java, and Spring Security a plus.
- Exposure to development tools such as Intelli-J IDEA, Eclipse, and Git.
- Experience with software deployments using Jenkins and build tools such as Gradle.
- Exposure to Atlassian Jira for managing user stories, bug fixes, and other issues a plus.
- Experience with ISO 19115 metadata standards a plus.
- Experience working on Linux OS platforms as part of a LAMP stack.
To apply, please email resume, including position title in the subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.