|Location:||Remote – US location|
|Skills:||SCADA, Transmission, Substations, RTUs|
|Type:||Contract to possible Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||Depending on Experience|
|Duration:||Long Term, with the possibility of transition to direct hire|
TITAN has an immediate opportunity to work with a client partner in the role of an Electrical Engineer working remotely in a US location.
Functions in a mid-level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skillset in the area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Knowledge of the predominant SCADA and Automation technologies which are encountered in Transmission substations
- Familiarity with commonly deployed RTUs in substation environments and the communication protocols which are leveraged
- Understanding of basic networking concepts including architecture, major hardware components (switches, routers, and gateways), and physical media (fiber, copper, and media converters)
- Basic knowledge of communication protocols utilized in the transmission industry (IEC 61850, DNP 3.0, and proprietary relay manufacturer protocols)
- Understanding of network addressing concepts which are deployed in substation environments
- Ability to independently manipulate software configuration files on multiple IED platforms. Strong aptitude in the creation and manipulation of spreadsheets and basic software macros within spreadsheets to efficiently produce designs.
- Understanding of Cybersecurity
- Awareness of NERC-CIP along with an understanding of routable protocols and physical/logical protections which are implemented to prevent access to substation networks
- Understanding of password protection and data security as it relates to design creation and issuance to transmission clients
- Team coordination
- Ability to independently develop written communication to facilitate coordination with team members and clients
- Understanding of Transmission substation designs along with how different design deliverables are organized together to allow substation construction
Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Minimum of 3 years related work experience.