|Title:||Substation Electrical Engineer|
|Location:||Remote – Anywhere in the US|
|Type:||Contract + Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
• The candidate will have substation design experience in transmission-level voltages 69kV and above with a strong understanding of applicable industry codes and standard design practices.
• Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
• Collects, assimilates and manages data for engineering work
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
• Understands and adheres to budget, schedule and quality requirements
• Recognizes defines and resolves problems within assigned area
• May provide direction and guidance to others
• May assist in the preparation of project proposals, including engineering and construction cost estimates, the planning of project approach, conceptual design, budgeting and scheduling.
• Promotes a quality-focused culture and effectively implements Black & Veatch’s thorough quality assurance program.
• May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition and any corrective actions required
• Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
• Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects
• Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
• Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
• Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience
Must-Have: Electrical Engineering degree, Experience in protection and control (preferably experience in substation design), Power Industry experience, Microsoft Office Experience, AC & DC calculations, Preferably experience with Bluebeam
To apply, please email your resume, including position title in the subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.