|Title:||Solar Performance Engineer|
|Location:||Remote – Anywhere in US|
|Skills:||Solar PV Performance|
|Type:||Contract + Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
TITAN has a need for a person to work with a client partner in the role of a Solar Performance Engineer.
This position may involve a wide variety of diverse assignments including:
• Lead and contribute to projects for solar resource assessments, energy production estimates, performance assessments of operating projects, siting, performance testing, feasibility studies, new technology evaluation, component modeling, conceptual design, and strategic planning.
• Collaborate closely with various departments throughout the project cycle – Project Proposal, Development, Origination, Design, Procurement, Engineering, Construction and Operations.
• Develop detailed performance test protocols and analyze actual plant performance against these protocols. Evaluate and provide risk analysis for EPC performance guarantees.
• Provide expert consultation on solar PV plant components such as modules, inverters, meteorological stations, and trackers.
• Assist with solar PV design optimization for cost reduction and performance improvement, including for engineer-procure-construct (EPC) projects.
• Contribute to business development with key clients including identification of key drivers, scoping, proposal development, and relationship management.
• Management of junior staff including supervision, career development, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
• The position will also include exposure to other renewable technologies: distributed energy, storage, wind, etc.
A key aspect of the position will be to advance knowledge sharing, innovation and technology within the group as follows:
Serve as a technical specialist with relevant knowledge and skills to provide expert consultation, quality control, and guidance to project teams.
Actively foster knowledge management and provide mentoring to others.
Review and guide the work of junior staff.
Lead development initiatives to innovate new services and products, improve processes, evaluate new technologies and advance marketing initiatives.
Identify, manage, and grow new business offerings.
Demonstrated Solar PV performance experience
Must be able to function equally well in fast-paced, collaborative, multi-discipline teams, and self-directed independent assignments.
Must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines.
Must be able to function well as a technical trainer.
A working understanding of energy project finance is preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Excel including VBA is preferred.
PE preferred or willing to obtain.
Desired Skills: Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel. Ability to develop Visual Basic macros preferred. Demonstrated experience in performing solar resource assessments and energy production modeling using PVsyst and System Advisor Model (SAM). Specialty computer skills including Python, GIS, database design, scheduling, Monte Carlo analysis preferred, but not required. Strong writing and presentation skills.
To apply, please email resume, including position title in subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.