|Title:||OSP/ISP Field Engineering Technician – Designer/Drafter|
|Type:||Contract + Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
|Job Description||Contract with potential to convert to direct professional employee. The OSP/ISP Field Technician functions in a technician capacity, working primarily in the field, to gather data for engineering and design of aerial, underground, and buried fiber optic facilities. This position requires frequent travel around suburban Los Angeles Metro and occasionally other metro areas. Although this position predominantly involves fieldwork, it will also require the completion of administrative tasks as required by project leadership. Based on experience, skill level, and project needs, there is a potential for this position to move over into more complex field data collection. Under close supervision, performs basic functions requiring technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverable. Evaluates methods used to accomplish the drafting and/or design activities.
This job is based in Los Angeles, CA, and entails fieldwork around the suburban LA Metro Area and occasionally other metro areas to take pictures, measurements, document existing facilities, and obtain design information in preparation for OSP network design.
• Engineering Standards: Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, and client policies and procedures.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
Required Years of Experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
|Desired Skills||• Prefer prior OSP/ISP or Fiber data collection/site walk experience.
• Individual must be available to mobilize when scheduled and possess a valid driver’s license and pass an MVR check.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc…)
• Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions
• Must be able to stand, bend, squat, walk, move, lift, carry… equipment (>20lb) for the duration of the workdayPreferred Technical Competencies:
• Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills.
• Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, and client policies and procedures.
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
|Desired Education||• Diploma or Certificate preferred.|
|Desired Years of Experience||Various Skill Levels Needed
Level 2 – A minimum of 1+ year related work experience, prefer 2 ½ + years of related field experience.
Level 5 – 5+ Years experience in other positions
To apply, please email your resume, including position title in the subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.