|Job Title:||Telecommunications Field Engineer|
|Type:||Contract + Direct Hire, Possible Direct Hire Immediately|
|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
Need to be located in upstate NY (Rochester/Syracuse and north)…..if within a few hours of Rochester that would be most ideal so can go into the Rochester office if needed to get the equipment or for the meeting.
Functions as a Telecommunications Field Engineer, with minimal oversight, works in collaboration with Sr. Network Engineers and Network architect(s). The candidate will integrate and apply moderate to intermediate network concepts and approaches to unique fiber transport network design and engineering problems. On-site surveys will be performed by the individual to gather site-specific data. May lead and/or supervise team members/staff on projects of medium to high complexity or serve as an intermediate technical resource providing knowledge and expertise in the field.
This Telecommunication Field Engineer will be responsible for: conducting site surveys, configuration, installation, and Integration of telecom-related equipment. Provide intermediate technical support, ability to create site survey reports, installation proposals, create and verify bills of materials. Update network design and close-out drawings for Black & Veatch’s Clients. Participates in project execution and technical delivery.
This person will be going to substations around central and northern NY doing rack/stack/install power to equipment. Power up equipment to boxes. Doing site surveys. Also, will be working on some specs and designs so will not be necessary in the field 100%.
• Solid understanding of AC/DC power principles, grounding, and industry cabling/wiring standards
• Intermediate experience in performing site surveys and evaluating Telecommunication Networks
• Specific product knowledge and hands-on configuration and procurement experience on a variety of Network vendors
• Proven experience with installation, commissioning, and integrating Telecom Network devices such as routers, switches, fiber and cable management, and rack power distribution
• Hands-on experience with testing and evaluating optical networks using tools such as OTDRs, Light Meters, optical scopes, fiber cleaning kits and other related transport apparatus
• Ability to evaluate, refine, and implement network designs
• Maybe some limited overnight travel
• Utility experience is a huge plus
• The following vendor experience preferred: Ciena, Nokia, GE (JMUX)
• Network certifications preferred, but not required such as CCNA
To apply, please email resume, including position title in the subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.