|Location:||Central US – around KS/MO|
|Skills:||construction, manage, wireless|
|Type:||Contract + Direct Hire|
|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
This position reports to a Construction Manager, and is responsible for a subset of construction activities related to wireless projects within a geographic market or region. These projects typically involve turn-key site development services to build or modify wireless networks.
This position will be traveling around the central US (approximate coverage region would be KS or MO). Would like a person to live in that general region to cover the area. The person will receive a company vehicle (or car rental), gas card, and all assets to do the job. As per the company’s travel guidelines, the person will be reimbursed for travel that requires an overnight stay and food reimbursement. Other expenses are approved when necessary.
- Achieve measurable results and report against performance metrics related to various construction activities
- Metrics typically include: schedule adherence, budget adherence, and quality
- This position will typically supervise 50-100 sites annually, depending on the project
- Assist the Construction Manager in identifying experienced / quality sub-contractors
- Serve as the on-site supervisor of all construction activities for assigned sites
- Ensure sub-contractor complies with all scope, schedule, safety, and quality policies and/or requirements
- Be a subject matter expert on all facets of the site construction requirements for all assigned sites
- Understand internal and external expectations related to scope, schedule, cost, & quality
- Drive all sub-contractors to meet these objectives
- Maintain an accurate status of all construction activities at all times and be able to communicate the status through reports, e-mails, meetings, conference calls, etc…
- Ensure each site construction scope is clearly defined and understood by all internal and external construction personnel to avoid scope creep and minimize changes
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate significant expertise and/or experience related to large-scale wireless program deployments in a supervisory capacity.
Areas of emphasis include:
- Site-Specific Construction Scoping and Scheduling
- Strong Understanding of Wireless Construction Processes, Industry Standards, & Testing Requirements
- Strong Leadership Skills to Actively Coordinate Sub-Contractor Activities / Performance
- Experience Leading Tower Crews and/or Civil/Electrical Crews
- Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Extensive Experience with Network Upgrades and/or Overlays: CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, WiMax, Generator Installations
Desire at least 3+ years of construction experience in the telecommunications field and BA/BS degree. Journeyman Electrician certification is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume, including position title in the subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.