|Location:||Louisville, Minneapolis, Des Moines, St. Louis or Omaha|
|Skills:||Construction, Manager, Generator, Wireless|
|Type:||Contract 6 months or longer and possibly direct|
|Pay Rate:||TBD based on experience|
This position reports to a Project Manager or Market Lead, and is responsible for a subset of construction activities related to wireless projects within a geographic market or region. These projects typically involve turn-key site development services to build or modify wireless networks.
- Achieve measurable results and report against financial and non-financial performance metrics related to various construction activities
- Metrics typically include: schedule adherence, budget adherence, quality, and employee development
- This position will typically manage 200-300 sites annually, depending on the project
- Assist the Market Lead in hiring, developing, and leading a team of construction field personnel and sub-contractors
- Construction teams will typically consist of 5-10 personnel
- Coach and mentor subordinates and assist the Project Team to establish project plans, set project goals, evaluate the performance of the project team and make adjustments as needed
- Serve as the primary internal manager for all assigned construction activities
- Be a subject matter expert on all facets of the site construction process
- Understand internal and external expectations related to schedule, cost, & quality
- Drive the construction team and sub-contractors to meet these objectives
- Maintain an accurate status of all construction activities at all times and be able to communicate the status through reports, e-mails, meetings, conference calls, etc…
- Ensure the project scope is clearly defined and understood by all internal and external construction personnel to avoid scope creep and minimize changes
- Establish and maintain a pool of qualified sub-contractors
- Ensure sufficient sub-contractor resources are available at all times to meet build plan objectives
- Manage sub-contractor scope issues, quality issues, and change control processes
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate significant expertise and/or experience related to large-scale wireless program deployments in a leadership capacity.
Areas of emphasis include:
- Construction Project Planning, Internal & External Resource Planning and Leadership
- Scope Development and Understanding of Construction Processes
- Strong Negotiation Skills with Sub-Contractors
- Basic Understanding of Project Budgeting and Cost Accounting Methodologies
- Experience Leading a Team of Construction Field Personnel
- Intimate Knowledge of Wireless Construction Methodologies and Processes within the Market
- Risk Management / Mitigation and Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Extensive Experience with Network Upgrades and/or Overlays: CDMA, GSM, UMTS, LTE, WiMax, Generator Installations
Desire at least 5+ years of construction management experience in the telecommunications field. Master Electrician certification/license is a plus. Associate or Bachelor’s degree and/or PMP Certification is a plus.
To apply, please email resume, including position title in subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.