|Title:||Director of Construction Management|
|Location:||Ideally Chicago, IL area, but open to locations|
|Skills:||Construction management, energy, chemical, nuclear|
|Pay Rate:||Competitive Salary based on experience, plus bonuses|
Provides strategic direction, leadership, oversight, planning, and execution of multiple large commercial construction projects across the nuclear and power business units. Participates in the conceptual development of the project. Ensures projects are executed within cost and schedule while meeting quality and key performance metrics. Supports assessment of external commercial projects to determine viability. Ensures governance and oversight for nuclear and power projects is implemented to meet customer expectations. Provides oversight of technical, administrative, permitting, construction, and start-up testing for assigned projects. Ensures project management and cost control tools are in place and used to meet monthly and overall project goals.
- Overall responsibility and accountability for the construction activities associated with multiple large fleet projects. Responsible for the development, planning, and resource loading of the projects, including vendor partnership development and contract strategy development. Validates project cost, schedule, and quality performance to meet established metrics.
- Supports assessment of external commercial projects and makes recommendations to senior leaders regarding project viability, risk management, and execution.
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the budget process for construction projects. Assure adherence to the budget plan and balance cost containment with customer satisfaction, reliability, and project expectations.
- Assure consistent application of corporate policy and directives across multiple projects.
- Accountable for staffing, retention, and development of key staff.
- Meet with regulators to present company information required to respond to formal and informal inquiries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical or Management Discipline
• Minimum 15 years of commercial power experience with seven years in a Project Management leadership role
• Effective communication skills
• Right Management evaluation/recommendation required
• PMP Certification
• Ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change
• MS in a technical discipline, MBA, and/or Professional Engineering Registration preferred
• Large construction project execution experience, including new facility licensing/permitting
• Engineering background
To apply, please email your resume, including the position title in the subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.