|Title:||Sr. Cloud Application Architect|
|Location:||Remote – Any US Location, Work in East Coast time zone, Prefer candidates that can do meetings in person in Alexandria, VA|
|Skills:||Amazon Web Services, Cloud Development, Java, Python|
|Type:||Contract to possibly direct hire|
|Pay Rate:||Depending on Experience|
Sr. Cloud Application Architect
Looking for an experienced AWS Application Architect join a new, high performance team to rapidly move critical agency assets from on-premise to the cloud. You will work with other team members to prototype and develop a migration strategy for this complex application comprising over 700 VMs, custom developed software and COTS products.
As an application architect, you will be responsible for analyzing the various custom application components of this system, their codebase, dependencies and developing a migration plan to the cloud architecture your team mates will be building. In this role you will be expected to identify opportunities to modernize and streamline components of this system using best of bread technology.
- Analyze existing application composition and provide migration recommendations following the 6-R’s.
- Prototype approaches to replace home-grown application components with new cloud-native technologies.
- Explore existing application code to understand application dependencies, external requirements and existing environment.
- Develop and prototype deployments of application code in the cloud, including analyzing and porting configurations, migrating build and deployment infrastructure and assisting teams in code changes as necessary.
- Work with multiple government and contractor stakeholders to develop an understanding of the current architecture and provide modernization guidance.
- Develop and present component migration plans to senior leadership.
- Work with agency stakeholders and team members to develop a comprehensive migration plan to fully move this system to the cloud.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Required Experience: 10+ years AWS infrastructure design and deployment and application development experience. 5+ years migrating complex applications from on-premises to AWS.
- Required Technical Skills: Application architecture development experience. Proven ability to analyze and migrate complex codebases, develop migration plans and infrastructure. Strong java programming background.
- Required Skills and Abilities: Strong communication skills and ability to communicate proposed solutions to clients, familiarity working within the federal government IT space. Ability to analyze and re-home existing code bases. Proven ability to rapidly develop proofs of concept to show feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Preferred Skills: Experience in multiple programming languages including build and deployment environments.
Public Trust Clearance will be required for this position.
To apply, please email your resume, including the position title in the subject line, to pgh@us-TITAN.com or share this position with your friends and colleagues with the links below.